Pages

September 10, 2015

Time to start blogging again!

It's been a while. But I'm trying my best to focus more on illustration and maybe heading somewhere with it more than the three times a year I get to draw (in)frequency that I've been maintaining.

I recently did a workshop online called Build A Freelance Illustration Business. It was ran by Salli Swindell of "They Draw and Cook," and it was fantastic. On top of that, they created a facebook page for everyone who paid for the workshop to build a community together, and that too has been more than I ever expected. It's so great interacting with people who are in similar stages of their career or passions. Everyone is supportive and energetic. Maybe it's my perspective from working by myself all day, but I'm finding the group to be really helpful.

I've ramped up some social media things, mostly to keep myself producing. I got my website running through Behance, published my facebook page for Stephanie Smith Creative, changed my Instagram handle to be StephanieSmithCreative, made a separate twitter account, and even started a Pinterest page. I'm trying to do something at least every other day. It's hard with the work load I have now with my graphic design business, but I'm settling in and adjusting some things.

Here are all of my social media / web presence:
Stephanie Smith Creative
BoomBoom Prints - www.boomboomprints.com/shop/artist/StephanieSmithCreative

I want to start focusing on producing prints, and am going to start with BoomBoom Prints, and this market of children and baby stuff. That's what people usually say my style fits, so I'm going to explore it some more, focusing it there even more. Then another idea / category I like is pop culture stuff. I'd like to do some fan art in my style – see what happens there. And last, I really like the idea of some sort of project or ongoing thing that uses art but enlightens people or makes them happy or interact somehow. Kind of like what Salli and Nate have done with They Draw & Cook and They Draw & Travel...but not for the artist community. I haven't figured out what that would be yet. 

So that's a quick update. And without further ado, here are my Morning Monsters I've been posting recently.




No comments: